Working with Children Check Australia
Working with Children Checks (WWCC)
Working with Children Checks (WWCC) are background checks conducted in Australia for the purpose of determining an individual’s suitability in working with children and/or vulnerable people in the community.
While Working with Children Checks can only be obtained directly through the relevant state or territory government department, CVCheck can assist organisations with the onerous task of verifying the validity of their workforce’s WWCC cards via our online and on-demand platform.
Benefits of CVCheck's online Working with Children Check Status:
- Cost-effective risk management
- Online service platform
- Fast turnaround
- Australia-wide coverage
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Working with Children Check?
A Working with Children Check (WWCC) is a background screening check utilised across Australian states and territories to assess the criminal record of individuals employed or volunteering in child-related work to ensure they do not pose a risk to children and vulnerable people in the community.
Who needs a Working with Children Check?
A Working with Children Check is required if you engage in child-related work whether in an employed or volunteering capacity. Child-related work is when the usual duties of the work involve, or are likely to involve, contact with a child. Please refer to your relevant state or territory authority for examples of child-related work and any exemptions.
How do I get a Working with Children Check?
To obtain a Working with Children Check card you must apply directly through the relevant state or territory authority.
- NSW – NSW Office of the Children’s Guardian
- VIC – Working with Children Check Victoria
- QLD – Queensland Government | Blue Card Services
- WA – Working with Children Check WA
- SA – DHS/DCSI Screening | Working with Children Check
- TAS – Tasmanian Government | Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RwVP)
- ACT – Working with Vulnerable People (WWVP)
- NT – Working with Children Clearance (Ochre Card)
How much does a Working with Children Check Status cost?
A Working with Children Check Status costs $32.89 including GST when you order directly from CVCheck.
Please refer to your relevant state or territory authority for the cost of obtaining a Working with Children Check where you live.
What is a Working with Children Check Status?
CVCheck’s Working with Children Check Status verifies if a person is permitted to work with children or vulnerable people by checking their Working with Children Check card status with the relevant state government department. Suitable for organisations of all sizes, this verification can be ordered online and on-demand. It not only saves time on administration but helps to ensure all your workers, contractors and volunteers have valid WWCC cards before commencing child-related work.
How long does a Working with Children Check Status take?
Here at CVCheck, we’re connected directly to national and state databases, which means we can source the information directly from the relevant state authority and notify you of a candidate’s Working with Children Check Status and deliver results securely to you in 1 business day*.
Click here to get started.
A smarter way to get a check
* All turnaround times are estimated working times for Australian checks and are provided as a guide only. Turnaround times are based on our experience of the time taken for the majority of these checks to be delivered. However, CVCheck is reliant on third parties for supply of information, and in some cases those third parties may take longer to supply that information. Accordingly, CVCheck does not give any time guarantees for any checks or packages. It is CVCheck’s policy and practice to keep you informed as much as possible if there are any unusual delays. Read more about our delivery times here.