Put the safety of your business first by using our online bankruptcy check to verify if an individual is or has been formerly bankrupt. For Bankruptcy Checks across WA, NSW and the whole of Australia, trust CVCheck. Our Bankruptcy Check will search all bankruptcy records dating back to 1928 on the National Personal Insolvency Index and verify if an individual is bankrupt or formerly bankrupt. Bankruptcy can impact the eligibility of an individual to hold a position of trust or take on managerial responsibilities within an organisation. Our bankruptcy check is completed online and is commonly used for occupations such as accountants, chief financial officers, directors, loan officers, mortgage insurers and fund managers.
Information is obtained from the Australian Financial Security Authority (AFSA) and will include the following details:
• Type of administration or proceeding
• Date of administration or proceeding
• ID number
• Full name and alias of debtor
• Address of debtor
• Date of birth of debtor
• Occupation and business name of debtor
• Particulars of any prior or subsequent listing
• End date of the administration
Note: This check is conducted on an individual’s current full name, so if an individual was known by any other names, it is recommended that a Bankruptcy (Previous Name) Check be conducted on each additional name.
* All turnaround times are estimated working days and are provided as a guide only. Turnaround times are based on our experience of the time taken for the majority of these checks to be delivered. However, CVCheck is reliant on third parties for supply of information, and in some cases those third parties may take longer to supply that information. Accordingly, CVCheck does not give any time guarantees for any checks or bundle packages. It is CVCheck’s policy and practice to keep you informed as much as possible if there are any unusual delays.