Criminal Record Check NZ
Criminal History & Background Check NZ
A New Zealand criminal record check from CVCheck is the fastest, smartest and most efficient way to get your criminal history and background checks for employment online.
Using our secure online service, you can easily organise your NZ criminal record check, whether in or outside NZ. Your criminal history check is delivered electronically with instant access.
- Fast: 100% paperless and online
- Secure and privacy assured
- Trusted nationally for employment purposes by government, licensing authorities and employers
- Integrated with the New Zealand Government's RealMe digital identity platform
6 Reasons to Choose CVCheck
- Efficiency – We provide a click-and-flick process. No lengthy manual data input required.
- Security – We are ISO accredited and completely secure, with results sent directly to your recruitment team.
- Customisation – We create a bespoke solution for each customer – no two businesses have the same needs.
- Centralisation – We’re a centralised platform – whatever check you need, you’ll find it here.
- Integration – We integrate with leading HRIS/ATS systems to ensure that your workflow is as smooth as possible.
- Time saving – We send automated reminders for outstanding information, saving you the time spent following up.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a New Zealand criminal record check?
A New Zealand Criminal Record Check (Criminal Record and Traffic Check) is a document that lists an individual’s disclosable criminal and traffic convictions resulting from court appearances recorded by New Zealand’s Ministry of Justice in compliance with the Criminal Records (Clean Slate) Act 2004. A New Zealand Criminal Record Check is commonly used for employment purposes or appointing individuals to positions of trust.
New Zealand criminal record checks may also be referred to as a:
- Police Check
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Criminal Conviction History
- Police File
- Police Record
- Criminal Check
- Criminal Background Check
How do I get a criminal record check in NZ?
You can order a NZ criminal record check either in or outside New Zealand online through CVCheck. The ordering process is fast and 100% paperless, with your history check certificate returned in as little as 4 days*.
If you need assistance with ordering your criminal record check for NZ, you can contact us.
How long does a criminal record check in NZ last?
New Zealand criminal record checks are ‘point in time’ checks and are current as of the date of issue. A criminal record check in NZ has no formal period of validity. However, many employers and organisations will only accept a New Zealand criminal record check that has been issued in the past 12 months.
What is the cost of a criminal record check in NZ?
A New Zealand Criminal Record and Traffic Check costs $73.15 including GST.
How long does a criminal record check in NZ take?
The majority of our New Zealand criminal record checks are processed, and the results returned, within 4 business days. However, if a criminal history check in NZ requires additional manual cross-referencing by police, it may take longer. It is therefore recommended that individuals order their criminal record at least 10 business days before they require their result.
What is the difference between a police vetting and a criminal record check in NZ?
A New Zealand criminal record check (Criminal Record and Traffic Check) lists an individual’s disclosable criminal and traffic convictions. These result from court appearances recorded by the New Zealand’s Ministry of Justice in compliance with the Criminal Records (Clean Slate) Act 2004. A criminal record check in NZ is commonly used for employment purposes or appointing individuals to positions of trust.
A New Zealand Police Vetting includes a criminal history check but also provides other relevant information on potential and current employees, volunteers, and vocational trainees to approved agencies that provide care to children and vulnerable members of society in NZ.
How far back does a criminal history check in NZ go?
In New Zealand, a criminal record check does not go back a defined period when it comes to disclosing your criminal history and background. The convictions that are disclosed in your criminal record check in NZ are released in accordance with the Clean Slate scheme.
How can I check my criminal history in NZ?