A New Zealand criminal record check from CVCheck is the fastest, smartest and most efficient way to get your criminal history and background checks for employment online.
Using our secure online service, you can easily organise your NZ criminal record check, whether in or outside NZ. Your criminal history check is delivered electronically with instant access.
CVCheck has revolutionised the way individuals and organisations obtain their New Zealand criminal history check, both in and outside of NZ. We know how important it is to get your criminal history check for NZ employment purposes fast. That is why we have streamlined the process online, so you can bypass the queues and snail mail. There’s no smarter way to get a New Zealand criminal record check.
We source our New Zealand criminal records directly from the Ministry of Justice. The results will be returned to you in 4 days*. Order from anywhere via our website, and we’ll notify you as soon as your criminal record check for NZ is ready to be downloaded.
A New Zealand criminal record check from CVCheck is sourced directly from the Ministry of Justice, so you can rest assured that you’re getting a complete and accurate report of your criminal history and prior convictions. Trusted by national government departments, including the police, licensing authorities and employers, a criminal history and background check for NZ from CVCheck is an unrivalled solution.
As the fastest-growing screening and verification service in New Zealand, we’ve helped more than 1 million enterprises, small businesses and individuals get the criminal record check they need for employment, study or licensing approval. We can help you skip the queues too.
1. Efficiency – We provide a click-and-flick process. No lengthy manual data input required.
2. Security – We are ISO accredited and completely secure, with results sent directly to your recruitment team.
3. Customisation – We create a bespoke solution for each customer – no two businesses have the same needs.
4. Centralisation – We’re a centralised platform – whatever check you need, you’ll find it here.
5. Integration – We integrate with leading HRIS/ATS systems to ensure that your workflow is as smooth as possible.
6. Time saving – We send automated reminders for outstanding information, saving you the time spent following up.
A New Zealand Criminal Record Check (Criminal Record and Traffic Check) is a document that lists an individual’s disclosable criminal and traffic convictions resulting from court appearances recorded by New Zealand’s Ministry of Justice in compliance with the Criminal Records (Clean Slate) Act 2004. A New Zealand Criminal Record Check is commonly used for employment purposes or appointing individuals to positions of trust.
New Zealand criminal record checks may also be referred to as a:
You can order a NZ criminal record check either in or outside New Zealand online through CVCheck. The ordering process is fast and 100% paperless, with your history check certificate returned in as little as 4 days*.
If you need assistance with ordering your criminal record check for NZ, you can contact us.
New Zealand criminal record checks are ‘point in time’ checks and are current as of the date of issue. A criminal record check in NZ has no formal period of validity. However, many employers and organisations will only accept a New Zealand criminal record check that has been issued in the past 12 months.
A New Zealand Criminal Record and Traffic Check costs $73.15 including GST.
The majority of our New Zealand criminal record checks are processed, and the results returned, within 4 business days. However, if a criminal history check in NZ requires additional manual cross-referencing by police, it may take longer. It is therefore recommended that individuals order their criminal record at least 10 business days before they require their result.
A New Zealand criminal record check (Criminal Record and Traffic Check) lists an individual’s disclosable criminal and traffic convictions. These result from court appearances recorded by the New Zealand’s Ministry of Justice in compliance with the Criminal Records (Clean Slate) Act 2004. A criminal record check in NZ is commonly used for employment purposes or appointing individuals to positions of trust.
A New Zealand Police Vetting includes a criminal history check but also provides other relevant information on potential and current employees, volunteers, and vocational trainees to approved agencies that provide care to children and vulnerable members of society in NZ.
In New Zealand, a criminal record check does not go back a defined period when it comes to disclosing your criminal history and background. The convictions that are disclosed in your criminal record check in NZ are released in accordance with the Clean Slate scheme.
For New Zealand, you can check your criminal history through CVCheck by ordering a Criminal Record Check. The ordering process is 100% paperless and fast, with your check certificate returned in as little as 4 days*.
You can order your criminal record check for NZ now.
* All turnaround times are estimated working times for a New Zealand criminal record check and are provided as a guide only. Turnaround times are based on our experience of the time taken for a criminal record check for NZ to be delivered. However, CVCheck is reliant on third parties for supply of information, and in some cases those third parties may take longer to supply that information. Accordingly, CVCheck does not give any time guarantees for any criminal history check or package in NZ. It is CVCheck’s policy and practice to keep you informed as much as possible if there are any unusual delays. Should a criminal record check for NZ be referred for further enquiries, it may take several additional days to receive the result or, occasionally, much longer. Read more about our delivery times here.