For business customers placing Direct Orders
Should you use the Managed Order method, CVCheck will manage the collection of the applicant’s ID on your behalf, making contact with the applicant to verify their identity as applicable for each order.
To ensure we conduct the checks in your Direct Orders using the correct applicant names, you (or another active user from within your organisation) are required to sight sufficient original identity documents (ID) for each applicant.
Due to different legal requirements, the accepted ID required may vary from order to order, depending on the checks ordered for each applicant. You must sight sufficient original ID to cover all checks in each order.
Regardless of the ID required for each order, the combination must include the applicant’s full name and date of birth (with at least one ID also including a photo).
If any ID is not in the applicant’s current name, sufficient original Change of Name documentation must also be sighted, clearing showing links from any previous names to their current name.
Checks that require a specific ID form (per check)
- New Zealand: Accident Compensation
- New Zealand: Criminal Record and Traffic
- New Zealand: National Traffic
- United Kingdom: Criminal Record – Employment Purposes
See the form specific to each check for details of the ID required (different form for each check).
You must sight 1 x Category A and 1 x Category B from the following list of ID.
Please note: if you are ordering a Children’s Worker Safety Check, New Zealand legislation requires that copies of an individual’s ID be certified. For more info on how to get ID certified, visit the Certified ID page.
|Category A||Must be Issued by|
|Passport – with Photo||NZ Dept of Internal Affairs – or relevant authority in the country of issue, with a valid visa/permit issued by
|NZ Full Birth Certificate
(only if issued on or after 1 January 1998 and carrying a unique identification number)
|NZ Dept of Internal Affairs|
|NZ Citizenship Certificate||NZ Dept of Internal Affairs|
|NZ Firearms Licence – with photo||NZ Police|
|NZ Emergency Travel Document – with photo||NZ Dept of Internal Affairs|
|NZ Certificate of Identity – with photo||NZ Dept of Internal Affairs or NZ Dept of Labour (Immigration)|
|NZ Refugee Travel Document – with photo||NZ Dept of Internal Affairs|
|Category B||Must be Issued
|New Zealand Transport Agency|
|Electoral Roll Registration||Electoral Enrolment Centre of New Zealand Post Limited|
|Employee Photo ID Card||Must be NZ issued|
|Kiwi Access Card||Hospitality New Zealand|
|NZ Community Services Card||NZ Ministry of Social Development|
|NZ IRD Number Card/Statement||NZ Inland Revenue|
|NZ SuperGold Card||NZ Ministry of Social Development|
|NZ Veteran SuperGold Card||NZ Ministry of Social Development|
|Student ID Photo Card||Must be NZ issued|
|Utility Bill||Must be NZ issued – within the last 6 months|
|Change of Name documentation||Must be Issued
|NZ Dept of Internal Affairs|
|NZ Marriage Certificate||NZ Dept of Internal Affairs|
|Change of name by statutory declaration||NZ Dept of Internal Affairs|
|Change of name by deed poll||NZ Dept of Internal Affairs|
|NZ Name Change Certificate||NZ Dept of Internal Affairs|
|NZ Civil Union Certificate||NZ Dept of Internal Affairs|
|NZ order dissolving
||NZ Ministry of Justice|
|NZ order declaring marriage or civil union void||NZ Ministry of Justice|
On 1 July 2018, the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC) introduced significant changes to the minimum proof of identity requirements for National Police Checks. These changes replace the 100 points of ID system. Please pay close attention to the new ID documents required to minimise any delays to the processing of your checks.
You have two options to verify your applicants’ identity (ID):
- Sight and declare you have seen the applicant’s original ID documents and are satisfied that their photo ID matches them; OR
- Receive copies of the applicant’s ID documents PLUS photo evidence of the link between the applicant and ID claimed.
ID Documentation to be supplied
A minimum of four ID documents must be provided by the applicant (each provided document may only be used once):
- 1 x Commencement of Identity
- 1 x Primary Use in the Community
- 2 x Secondary Use in the Community
Please note, if you provide copies of the applicant’s ID documents to CVCheck, you must also provide a self-captured photo of the applicant holding their photo ID.
ID Documentation to include the following information:
These documents as a set must include the applicant’s :
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Australian government issued ‘photo card’
- Immicard issued by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- Police Force, Australian Defence Force or an Australian Government agency photo ID card
- Australian university/tertiary institution photo ID card.
- If none of these documents contains a photograph, the applicant must submit a passport style photograph certified by a person listed in Schedule 2 of the Statutory Declarations Regulations 1993.
If documents using a former name are provided, evidence of the name change must be included in addition to the four ID documents. These can include:
- Change of name certificate issued by Australian Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages, or
- An Australian marriage certificate issued by a state or territory (church or celebrant-issued certificates are not accepted)
Commencement of Identity Document (1x)
- Australian birth certificate (full not an extract or birth card)
- Australian passport (not expired)
- Australian visa (current at the time of entry to Australia as resident or tourist)
- Obtaining Visa Details
- ImmiCard issued by Immigration and Border Protection that enables the cardholder to prove their visa and/or immigration status and enrol in services
- Certificate of identity issued by Foreign Affairs and Trade to refugees and non-Australian citizens for entry to Australia
- Document of identity issued by Foreign Affairs and Trade to Australian citizens or persons who have the nationality of a Commonwealth country for travel purposes
- Australian Citizenship certificate
Primary Use in the Community Document (1x)
- Australian driver’s licence (current), learner permit or provisional licence issued by a state or territory, showing a signature and/or photo and the same name as claimed
- Australian marriage certificate issued by a state or territory (church or celebrant-issued certificates are not accepted)
- Passport (current) issued by a country other than Australia with a valid entry stamp or visa – must be accompanied by a current Australian Visa (VEVO printout is acceptable)
- Proof of age or photo identity card, (current) issued by an Australian Government agency in the name of the applicant, with a signature and photo
- Shooters or firearms licence, (current) showing a signature and photo (not minor or junior permit or licence)
- Student identification card (current) with signature or photo for persons under 18 years of age with no other Primary Use in Community Documents
Secondary Use in the Community Document (2x)
- Medicare card
- Credit card
- Foreign Affairs and Trade – certificate of identity
- Foreign Affairs and Trade – a document of identity
- Foreign Affairs and Trade – convention travel document secondary (United Nations)
- Foreign government issued documents (for example, drivers licence)
- Australian Electoral Commission enrolment
- Security guard or crowd control photo licence
- Evidence of right to an Australian government benefit (Centrelink or Veterans’ Affairs
- Foreign Affairs and Trade – Consular photo identity card
- Police force – photo identity card issued to an officer
- Australian Defence Force – photo identity card
- Australian Government or a state or territory government – photo identity card
- Aviation Security Identification Card
- Maritime Security Identification card
- Credit reference check
- Australian tertiary student photo identity document
- Australian secondary student photo identity document
- Certified academic transcript from an Australian university
- Trusted referees report
If your applicant cannot provide the above minimum proof of identity documentation, the ACIC can, in exceptional circumstances, allow you to use a different combination of documents to verify the applicant’s identity. For more details, please go to Special Provisions.
|Photo ID||Must be Issued by (if applicable)|
|Passport||NZ Dept of Internal Affairs or relevant authority in the country of issue
if not NZ
|NZ Emergency Travel Document||NZ Dept of Internal Affairs|
|NZ Certificate of Identity||NZ Dept of Internal Affairs or NZ Dept of Labour (Immigration)|
|NZ Refugee Travel Document||NZ Dept of Internal Affairs|
|NZ Driver’s Licence||New Zealand Transport Agency|
|NZ Firearms Licence||NZ Police|
|Kiwi Access Card||Hospitality New Zealand|
|Government Employee Photo ID Card|
|Student ID Photo Card|