To cater for people who are unable to meet the 100 point ID requirement, the police have provided us with the following special provisions:
1. If you are under 18 years of age:
You must provide ONE of the following types of ID:
- Birth Certificate, Australian Birth Card or Birth Extract
- Australian Citizenship Certificate
- Passport Equivalent (eg Diplomatic/Refugee travel document)
- Statement from an educational institution, signed by the principal or deputy principal, confirming that you attend that institution
If the ID you provide does not include a photo, you MUST also provide a certified passport‑sized photo.
2. If you have arrived in Australia in the past 6 weeks:
You MUST provide a copy of your current passport, together with a copy of the page showing your arrival date.
3. If you ordinarily live in an isolated area in Australia:
You MUST provide a copy of a letter from two people recognised as ‘Community Leaders’ of the community to which you belong, together with a certified passport‑sized photo.
Individuals providing copies of their ID for orders they place themselves, who fall under one of the above special provisions categories, should ONLY select the Special Provisions type of ID, with the number of files required to provide all the necessary documentation.
If you do not fall under one of the above Special Provisions categories, you MUST provide 100 points of ID.