Instructions for individual applicants
The minimum proof of identity documents is a legal requirement by the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC).
If you’re unable to provide a Commencement of identity and Primary use in the community document to complete your check – you can provide an alternative set of identity documents only if you fall within one of the following exceptional circumstances:
- Your birth was not registered.
- You are homeless.
- You are an undocumented arrival to Australia.
- You are living in remote areas.
- You identify as transgender or intersex.
- You are affected by natural disasters.
- Have limited access to ID documents due to how you were raised (eg. institutional or foster care).
- Have limited participation in society.
- Are a young person who is yet to establish a social footprint.
- Ineligible, or not qualified, for the documents in this category
- You previously held a document in this category, but no longer do so for reasons beyond your control
Instructions for Individual Applicants:
- Download and complete this Personal Declaration Form.
- Scan and upload your Personal Declaration Form as your “Special Provisions” document.
If you need further assistance, please get in touch by emailing [email protected] stating your name and check details.